We Deliver You the News, You Don't Come Looking for the News

Sarkozy Defeated, France Ushers in New Era

By 8:00 pm local time, it was final that the electorates of France had ushered in a new day in their country when election result from the country’s election commission in

Francios Hollande

Francios Hollande

the Sunday runoff election between incumbent President Nicolas Sasrkozy and left -wing François  Hollande which announced which put  the left-wing candidate far ahead with a decisive victory winning 51.7% of the votes leaving incumbent President Sarkozy with 48.3% of the votes in an election with a 81% turnout.

François  Hollande’s Sunday’s victory is the first of its kind since 1988 when François Mitterrand sailed the Socialist party to victory. Sarkozy conceded defeat by 8:00 pm local time when he address his supporters and he said  “I have telephoned François Hollande to congratulate him and wish him good luck.”  The outgoing French President argued his supporters to “respect” Hollande and emphasizing “we will never be like those who fought against us”.

There was thunderous wave of celebrations across France  after the election result was announced with supporters of the Socialist Party and Hollande address his supporters earlier in the town of Tulles  where he once serve as Mayor in a victory speech telling the French people, “We are not a France divided, we are one single France, all united in the same destiny.”

The socialist incoming President will be sworn into office on May 15 and will be heading to the United States on May 18 upon the invitation of President Barrack Obama who called Hollande after his victory and extend the invitation to visit Washington. The German Chancellor Angela Merkel has also extended invitation to Hollande to visit Germany  made in her congratulatory message to the French incoming President.

Advertisements

Tagged as: , , ,

4 Responses »

  1. Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp
    a lot approximately this, like you wrote the book in it
    or something. I feel that you simply could do with
    some % to force the message home a little bit, but instead of that, that is fantastic blog.
    A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

    Like

Trackbacks

  1. cocktail
  2. buy d3 gold

Your Feedback

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Hours & Info

1-401-919-4813
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 12 pm
%d bloggers like this: